Philander Smith College Buildings
The PSC Buildings collection is comprised of selections from the Photographs series of the Philander Smith College Buildings Collection in the D. W. Reynolds Library Archive and Special Collections unit. This digital collection includes over 150 images of historical and modern campus structures from the late 1880's to the present. Highlights of the collection include images of some of the campuses earliest structures, Budlong Hall and the Adeline Smith Home that were built in the 1880's and razed in the 1960's. The collection also includes aerial shots of the campus before Interstate 630 was completed and images of the Faculty Row Houses.
Budlong Hall was the first brick building on the campus of Philander Smith College. The structure housed classrooms, a library, various offices and dormitory housing for male students. In 1882, Mrs. Adeline Smith (widow of Philander Smith) of Oak…
Photographic reproduction of an engraving, circa 1900. The Image features Budlong Hall and has the caption "Philander-Smith Colored Institute, Little Rock."
Photocopy of Philander Smith College advertisement that ran in the Little Rock City Directory in 1900. The ad features an illustration of Budlong Hall, also known as "Old Main."