Browse Items (157 total)

  • Collection: Philander Smith College Buildings

bldg_00011.jpg
Budlong Hall was the first brick building on the campus of Philander Smith College. The structure housed classrooms, a library, various offices and dormitory housing for male students. In 1882, Mrs. Adeline Smith (widow of Philander Smith) of Oak…

bldg_00008.jpg
Photographic reproduction of an engraving, circa 1900. The Image features Budlong Hall and has the caption "Philander-Smith Colored Institute, Little Rock."

bldg_00006.jpg
Photocopy of Philander Smith College advertisement that ran in the Little Rock City Directory in 1900. The ad features an illustration of Budlong Hall, also known as "Old Main."

bldg_00016.jpg
Photographic reproduction of an engraving by Calkins, circa 1899. The image features Philander Smith College's main building, Budlong Hall (Old Main), partially built in 1883 and razed in 1963 (Gibson, 1972). 1015 Izard street.

photos_00251.jpg
PSC students standing on the porch of the Adeline Smith Home circa 1940. Construction began on this three story building in 1887 and it was dedicated on March 5, 1988 (Gibson, 1972). The Adeline Smith Home was demolished in 1963.

bldg_00041.jpg
Formerly on 11th and Chester Streets. Residence of the early Presidents of Philander Smith College.

photos_00252.jpg
Home of the Philander Smith College President in the early 1930's.

bldg_00207a_WebbHall.jpg
Students standing on the porch of Webb Hall, the women's dormitory for that housed up to 125 residents. The building also contained a cafeteria, a laundry facility and classroom space for the "School of Beauty and Culture" (PSC Catalog, 1935-1936) .…

bldg_00050.jpg
Webb Hall was partially completed and occupied in 1916 and was in full use by 1919. Originally located at 822 W. 10th Street. The building was named in honor of the J. B. Webb family of Oak Park, IL.

bldg_00051.jpg
Webb Hall was partially completed and occupied in 1916 and was in full use by 1919. Originally located at 822 W. 10th Street. The building was named in honor of the J. B. Webb family of Oak Park, IL.