Dr. and Mrs. M. L. Harris at Kelly Hall, ca 1955

bldg_00043.jpg

Title

Dr. and Mrs. M. L. Harris at Kelly Hall, ca 1955

Creator

Campbell Studios

Date

1955

Description

Dr. and Mrs. M. L. Harris standing in front of Kelly Hall. Kelly Hall was completed in 1952 (Reed, 2002). The Colonial style structure was designed by Little Rock based firm Cromwell & Neyland (Cromwell Architects Engineers). Kelly Hall was once the on-campus residence of PSC's 4th President, Dr. Marquis Lafayette Harris and his family. The former residence was re-purposed and is now the location of the Office of Institutional Advancement. 1123 Izard Street.

Subject

Kelly Hall
Faculty housing
College campuses
Historic buildings

Source

Reed, T. (2002). Philander Smith College master facilities plan, 1998-2002. PSC Buildings Collection.

Publisher

D. W. Reynolds Library, Archives and Special Collections

Format

Image/jpg

Type

Still image

Identifier

bldg_00043

Coverage

Little Rock (Ark.)

Original Format

Black & white photographs

Physical Dimensions

10 x 8 in.

Social Bookmarking

Geolocation

Citation

Campbell Studios, “Dr. and Mrs. M. L. Harris at Kelly Hall, ca 1955,” Philander Smith College Digital Archive, accessed May 8, 2021, https://pscdigitalarchive.omeka.net/items/show/74.