Digital Archive Project
Philander Smith College Digital Archive Project was initiated in March 2016 to facilitate online access to the unique archival holdings of the D. W. Reynolds Library for research and to promote the scholarship, accomplishments and history of the institution.
The Digital Archive Project will consist of four phases spanning from 2016-2017 with the goal of digitizing the most significant and frequently requested documents, images and texts that are currently held in the Archives physical collection. Digitizing these valuable items will aid researchers to learn more about the history of Philander Smith College. It will also help limit the handling of the most fragile artifacts in the collection to ensure the preservation of these objects in perpetuity.
Special thanks to the Library Student Assistants who have contributed to the Digital Archive Project! These work study students have digitized hundreds of items from the PSC Archives and created descriptive metadata that has been added to this site to aid in the discovery of archival resources.
- Ronard Kwizera, Spring 2016: PSC Buildings Collection
- Richard Wallis, Fall 2016: PSC Publications, Vinyl Record Collection, Historical Markers & Plaques
- Lajericha Toombs, Spring 2017: PSC College Catalogs, VHS Tape Collection
- Raven Minniefield (Intern), Spring 2017: The Miss PSC Pageant Exhibit, PSC Photographs, PSC Commencement Programs
- Tejon Mays, Fall 2017: PSC Athletics Photographs, Chapel & Special Events Programs, PSC College Catalogs, VHS Tape Collection
- Malik Ricard, Fall 2017: PSC Photographs